What We Believe
- The Bible, made up of the Old and New Testaments, is really God’s Word. It isn’t nice stories, fables and tales. The Bible does not just contain the Word of God, it is the Word Of God. It is the authoritative guide for all human understanding and Christian life and ministry.
- We believe in one God who has existed for all eternity in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God, the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is the Son. He is fully God and fully man at the same time. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and He lived a sinless life. He died, shedding His literal blood in His substitutionary death for sinners, then was buried, rose from the grave, ascended into heaven, and is now seated at the right hand of the Father.
- The Holy Spirit, who is the Lord and giver of life, convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment and unites men and women to Jesus Christ by faith. We believe the Holy Spirit seals and fills all believers.
- Man was created in the image and likeness of God. It was by his free choice that he disobeyed God, incurring physical and spiritual death. Each human being is born with a sin nature. Because of this, we all need divine salvation.
- Salvation is a gift from God. We can’t earn it. It was earned through Christ dying in our place.. All who believe in Him are made to be righteous by the shedding of Jesus’ blood. Because salvation is an unearned gift it is secure and can’t be taken away.
- The Church is the Body of Christ. All true believers in Christ make up His Body no matter what denomination they may belong to. The Church’s job through out all the ages is to teach all nations and to make disciples through the preaching and teaching of the Word of God.
- We believe that the fulfillment of the Great Commission is the responsibility of all believers. This means we are commanded to win the lost through various effective means, including hospitality, lifestyle, serving, friendship, instruction, testimonials and evangelism.
- Jesus is coming back! He will return to take His Church to heaven in the twinkling of an eye. After this there will be a seven-year tribulation period then Christ will come again to earth. This time it’s to stay and to establish His rule for a 1000 year period. After Christ’s 1000 year reign on earth will be the final judgment of those who never believed in Christ. This judgment happens at the same time as Satan’s being cast into the lake of fire forever. Christ will then establish a new heaven and new earth. This is the consummation of all things.